HISTORY, EXECUTIVE & SECTIONS
The Lee Golf Club was incorporated Dec 10, 1930 by a group of golf enthusiasts who held their first meeting, Feb 12, 1931 with an election of officers. The property was leased from Mr. A.J.H. Eckhart and the Municipality of Cochrane.
In June of 1931, a contract was given to Mr. J. Benjamin for clearing stumping and burning new fairways. In September 1930 the new greens were laid out by Mr. Percy Hitchen of the Haileybury Golf Club and Mr. Benjamin was hired to build nine new greens.
This was the humble beginning of The Lee Golf Club located at the end of Yonge Street and Highway 11 North. It is also the home of the Polar Bear Express and the Polar Bear Habitat.
Early on memberships were $15.00 and shares were $25.00. A life membership could be purchased with a $100.00 or more in donation.
Leases were to expire in Dec 1940 and in March 1941 the executive was authorized to purchase the property from the Eckhart Estate.
The course has since been improved over the years by a membership which has donated many long hours of work and drive to turn the course into what it is today.
. President CJ Lajeunesse
Past President Denis Clement ..
Vice President Kory Cashaback.
Ladies President Sarah Burner . .
Men’s President Cory Hofferd .
Secretary Patricia Cote
Treasurer Glenda Harper
President Sarah Burner
Captains Kelly Hofferd
Treasurer Carole Decevito
Secretary Elaine Kydd .
President Cory Hofferd
Captain Kory Cashaback